Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just because it's "white" again, doesn't mean it's clean!

We were a little slow at getting the pool filters cleaned for winter storage this year. We had freezing temperatures last night of 28 degrees and we still had not removed the filters out of the pool equipment and cleaned them. Actually, you are suppose to replace them every year but since they cost somewhere between $300-$500, we will be cleaning them until it's absolutely necessary to make that purchase.

Ray got home early from work and pulled out the pressure washer and started spraying them down. Then, thinking he was done after about 5 minutes of this, he came and got me to tell me he was finished and to come check them. Last year, I spent a good hour or so on them so this timely cleaning was a bit surprising. I went out to find that once I started spraying the filters, there was still murky water, lint and black particles coming out of them. It took us about 45 minutes to an hour more of this to get them as clean as they were going to get. And he thought he was done after 5 minutes!! I hope he keeps his day job because after taking out the trash, cleaning the garage and washing the cars, he's no good at house chores and I would not be very good at bringing home the bacon.

4 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Men are so funny!

And, it starts when they are very little. I'm always telling my 4-year old son, "Just b/c it looks clean...doesn't mean it is clean!" :o)

Debz said...

HAHA! Thank heavens he doesn't wash dishes, cause just cause you rinsed the spaghetti off doesn't mean you don't need to use some antibacterial dish detergent to kill the funk!!

Dawn said...

LOL Too funny!

Hey, I came here to BOO you! :) Come check out my blog!

Unknown said...

Men. They're like boys - they're dumb.