Saturday, October 04, 2008

Air Force basic training is right around the corner

Dylan leaves for Air Force basic training soon. I retrieved a couple of boxes from the attic and started removing items from his room that we will keep in storage and items that he'll take with him once he's been stationed. Dylan sorted through his clothes and cleaned out his dresser drawers, while I packed away his trophys and awards that he received over the years.

I realized while we were working that it was a good thing that we were taking care of this now because it was a little emotional for me and if this were the last weekend before he leaves, I don't think I would be able to handle it very well.

This "clean-up" will be all done now and next weekend we won't have any large hurdles for me to deal with. He leaves a week from Monday, on the 13th of October. Just 10 short days from now, he'll be an Air Force recruit.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! I can't imagine the feelings you are dealing with right now.

You know you will have your bloggy buddies here to vent to. :)

Michelle said...

Be strong. I can't imagine what you are feeling, but I do remember when my brother went to Air Force basic training. It was scary for him and my parents. That was almost 13 years ago and he is a pilot in the Air Force still. He has traveled the world and it has made him a stronger person.
You should be so proud of him. :)

Unknown said...

Well even if you do shed a few tears, it's okay! It's always a good sign when it's hard to say goodbye.

Angie said...

The range of feelings you must be going through! We're here for you. angie