Thursday, October 23, 2008

Four Foods

Here's this week's Four Foods. If you like to share recipes and might find it fun to share information about yourself related to food, then join in by visiting Fun, Crafts and Recipes. It's fun and it's a way to meet other Four Foods bloggers.

#1. Name something you use cream cheese in/on.
I mostly eat cream cheese with red pepper jelly and wheat thins. But since my cholesterol is a bit high, I've bought fat free cream cheese and I'm going to try it out. I doubt that I'll like it much.

#2. Do you use yogurt in any recipes?
I've never used yogurt in anything I've ever made. I think I'm afraid.

#3. Macaroni salad. What do you like/put in yours?
I like macaroni salad, but I've never made it. The only thing close is a pasta salad with the twisted pasta, broccoli, salad peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and Kraft House Italian dressing. It's delicious.

#4. Share a recipe that you use sour cream in.
I haven't made this in quite a while because of my picky-a** children, but this dish is so good! Please try it and let me know what you think. I got it from my sister years ago.

Quick Creamed Chicken Breasts
6 bnls whole chicken breasts
½ c. chopped mushrooms
1 c. canned cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
¼ c. chopped parsley
paprika

Place chicken in shallow baking dish. Combine soup, sour cream, mushrooms and parsley and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered about 1 hour at 350 degrees.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't tell the difference with the fat free cream cheese. You should be okay! :) Do you use that red pepper jelly from Tastefully Simple? I love that stuff!

That recipe sounds so good. I'm going to copy it off for my recipe book! My husband and daughter don't like mushrooms. But, hey, they can pick them off! LOL

@nnie said...

I happen to LOVE paprika, Chicken, sour cream AND mushrooms! Sounds like a recipe for me! Thanks

Anele said...

You'll have to let me know what you think of the FF cream cheese. I was almost stoned to death one year by the family when I tried to slip that into my famous cheeseball. They all boycotted it. I've used the 33% less fat ever since. Some things just NEED fat! LOL

MsTypo said...

I love cream cheese with jalepeno jelly on crackers!! Great choice!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am curious as to what the jelly you mentioned tastes like. Is it sweet?

Anonymous said...

I love creamy chicken dishes.
Thanks for playing FFOF!

Anonymous said...

You know, I can't really tell the difference with ff cream cheese, either. I use it all the time (except in cheesecakes) on breads and bagels, and it's still tasty.

Anonymous said...

I always buy fat free cream cheese and can never tell the difference. I'm super picky on the whole regular vs. fat free issue, too.

Anonymous said...

The chicken recipe sounds like something my picky-eater kids might like :)

Anonymous said...

Your chicken recipe sounds yummy and like it would be good comfort food.