Sunday, October 26, 2008

First contact

While I was at work today, Ray called me to let me know that I had received a letter from Dylan. It's been almost 2 weeks since he left for basic training in the Air Force. I was pretty excited and hurried right home to get my letter.

Unfortunately it wasn't a letter, it was information about his graduation that the Air Force required all recruits to send home. But I was ok with that because I now had his address and I could write to him to lend some encouragement in the off chance that he might need it.

So we went to Hayden's soccer game that afternoon and while sitting there enjoying the game, my phone rang. IT WAS DYLAN!! I only got to talk to him for about 90 seconds but it was enough time to hear that he was enjoying basic training and he was doing really well. He said they had been really busy so there wasn't much time to call home. I told him I would write him and he said he would write and tell more about what was going on with his training. I look forward to seeing him in November and hearing all about his experience in San Antonio. I have so many questions!!!

2 comments:

Debz said...

He IS in the same place my Chris was in San Antonio. Lackland. One thing Chris told me was they don't get out much (lol).
I remember getting that envelope. And the quickie phone call. And feeling the same way. You are making me all teary.

One good thing for you, at least his graduation wont be in the middle of August. It was hot as well you know. They actually cancelled a few events cause the heat index was too dangerous to be outside.

Angie said...

I know that phone call brightened your day! ang