Thursday, October 16, 2008

Four Foods

Time for Four Foods from Val at Fun, Crafts and Recipes.

#1. Share a cupcake, muffin or cookie recipe.
I don't make cupcakes as often as cookies so I'm sharing a cookie recipe.

Thumb Cookies
½ C shortening
2 egg yolks
½ C butter
2 C flour
½ C brown sugar
½ t salt

Roll in small balls and cook 3 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and mash the center of cookies with thumb. Bake 5-6 minutes.
Filling: 2 c. powdered sugar 2 T. milk ¼ c. melted butter food coloring 1 t. vanilla Mix together and fill in thumb prints.

#2. Cupcakes, muffins and cookies require something to drink. What do you drink with them?
Milk is the best with cupcakes and cookies. But muffins, it depends on the type of muffins. Maybe a pop would be my next preference of drink.

#3. Which do you prefer, mini muffins and cupcakes or full sized ones?
Just give me full sized ones. I want a big cupcake with a big flavor... yumm.

#4. What type of muffin or cupcake pan do you use? Silicone, disposable, etc.
I use the metal pan with the non-stick surface. I would love to try the silicone type someday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't ventured into the silicon muffin world yet either but it seems like it would be a good way to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh the filling of the thumb cookies sounds delish.

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

I like cookies made with brown sugar. Those sound yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Those cookies sound good! Does the filling firm up a bit inside the cookies?

DeeBee said...

Sheri: the filling is like icing on a cupcake. Very delicious.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen those new muffin pans? They look like rubber. I don't know if they work very well.