Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Starting my resolutions

I walked 2 miles yesterday and could easily have done more. That's what having a partner to walk with does for you. Time goes by quickly and its enjoyable. And luckily this morning, no soreness. Ok, it was only 2 miles, but when you haven't seriously walked in a long time, you wonder about the after effects. The only after effects that I want is for weight to come off my body.

If I could just give up food entirely, it would be easy to diet. But, it's not like quitting smoking or drinking where you can go cold turkey and still be able to survive. Food is something you battle everyday, several times daily and for the rest of your life. How many dieters would like to be able to go cold turkey when dieting? I'm not obese but I've been overweight to my standards several times. I've always said that dieting is the most difficult thing I've ever accomplished. I completely understand the struggles some have with it.

So, walking is the easy part of it all and I look forward to the next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go!