Monday, July 21, 2008

She Doctor

Did I mention that I had my annual doctor appointment last week? I'm sure I would have mentioned it if it hadn't been for the fact that I had guests last week and I was too busy to blog. Anyway, I checked out ok and received the results from my blood work in the mail today. I already knew what it said since the nurse called me last Thursday to inform me that my cholesterol was high and I needed to work on getting it lowered. That meant exercising more and watching what I eat. My number was 242. The good news was that my HDL (good cholesterol) was high and for the first time in years, I wasn't anemic.

So now I'm trying to make sure that I'm not eating foods high in cholesterol. So far, I've been making better choices but I'm sure I'll slip up at some point. At least I'm trying.

No comments: