Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dear Lord,.... help!!

It's hot here in Oklahoma this week with temperatures nearing 100 if not actually reaching those temps somewhere in the area. What is it that usually happens during a heatwave like this where the forecast calls for a hot, blistering day with humidity levels high and never when the temperatures are a bit cooler and bearable? The air conditioner stops working.

I called the repairman only to be told that he could come out next Tuesday and would I like for him to go ahead and schedule me in. WHAT??!! Tuesday??!! I'll die by that time. Let me think about it.... uuuuhh.. NO... thank you.

So I made a call to the second repairman on the list, was teased about my Texas accent and told he would have to charge me extra just for that, and given suggestions on what to do until he could get here... which is luckily this afternoon. Thank you!! I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess that Texas accent isn't so bad after all. A/C problems are the worst!

Anonymous said...

I'm the dispatcher that gets yelled at all day by people with broken air conditioners. Lucky me, huh?

Anonymous said...

That happened to my boyfriend at his home on what felt like the hottest day of the year - and conveniently, I was staying over his house that night! They had to get their whole unit replaced a few days later, and it cost some serious cash...