Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doggy Sitting

My neighbors, Chuck and Jan, are going to be away from their house all day today, so they have asked me to babysit their dogs. Well sort of. The dogs stay at their house and I run over and let them outside, once in the morning and again in the afternoon. I'm also in charge of feeding them their evening meal.

Diva, who is a beautiful white schnauzer, is not at all happy about me entering her happy abode. She barks like mad when she sees me to let me know that she is going to tear me apart as soon as I release her from her crate. But then all she does is grab her shoe, which isn't a shoe at all..its a bone shaped stuffed toy, and runs out of her crate and waits to be let outside. She had a shoe shaped toy when she was a pup and so now her owners refer to her toy by the name "shoe". As in, "Get your shoe", "Where's your shoe?".

The other dog, Nikki, which is also a schnauzer, is just like my schnauzer Mia. Shy, cautious, nervous and the same coloring.

We had some good bonding time outside today. I think Diva was coming around by the end of our day.

No comments: