Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My walk

We finally got our beautiful weather. It was so pretty this morning, mild with nary a breeze. So what does one do when they experience this? Go for a walk.

I was so happy to be outside getting some exercise and feeling the sun on my face. It was one of those "pinch me, I must be dreaming" moments. I reminded myself over and over again throughout my walk of how nice this was and how happy I was to be outdoors.

But as my luck would have it, it was short-lived. And to make matters worse, once I had gotten to the farthest point in my walk, the farthest distance from my house, it hit. Without any warning whatsoever the angriest wind showed up out of nowhere. And it didn't start out as a breeze lapping at my skin or tiptoeing through my hair. This was a no warning, full force, better brace yourself, knock you off your feet and off your path kind of wind. The kind where the roar was so loud that you couldn't resist looking to see what was blowing toward you and barely getting your eyes closed in time before having grains of dirt blasted into your eyes. I had a huge plastic trash container that rolled out right in front of me that must have been trying to impede my progress of getting home. And when I did return home, I was out of breath and my ears were hurting from the coldness of that wind.

What started out to be me taking a walk on one of the most beautiful mornings we have had in awhile, was the morning where I was assaulted by a very evil wind hiding in the trees.

No comments: