Sunday, January 27, 2008

Always sleep with one eye open, or wearing a helmet

It's cold here this morning and the moisture from the fog that rolled in last night has now left "frozenness" in the strangest places. I've decided not to stick around the house and wait for the warmer weather because the meteorologists don't seem to know what they are doing. So I think I'll be going to Hayden's soccer tennis tournament today. It will get me out of the house and away from the temptation of snacking all day. I've actually been trying to diet and keep motivated but it's been hard. Especially when Ray comes home from the store and is sitting around eating Milk Duds. That's the kind of family support that I've mentioned before that I DON'T have. It's not like he couldn't have those types of things at work or somewhere else that I don't have to watch. That's love for you.

We were awoken the other morning in a bizarre way. I was asleep facing my bedroom window when I heard this crashing noise coming from that direction. As soon as I opened my eyes I saw this black figure, four legs extending in all directions, flying from the window towards me. It reminded me of those flying squirrels that I've seen on tv. This figure used my head as a landing before continuing to a destination unknown to anyone. But not before there was more crashing noises behind me and then silence. And by silence I mean groaning noises from me and Ray. I had my head sliced open in a couple of places from his back claws gaining traction and Ray was curious as to what the heck just happened? Everything had been knocked off Ray's nightstand and I was seeping blood. Mojo, the black figure of the night, was no where to be found and we still don't know what spooked him.

My head is still sore from those wounds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my gosh - i'm really out of touch lately. so much is happening that i'm missing out on!