Tuesday, June 03, 2008

He's doing grown up things.

My oldest son is going to boot camp in a few months and preparation for the Air Force has already started. He meets one Tuesday of every month to learn marching skills and memorizing things that need to be memorized.

He's already had his physical and taken the ASVAB test and because he scored well, an officer called yesterday to let him know they want him to take a programmer test because they have a slot open. So he's headed back to MEPS(Military Entrance Processing Station) today. I hope he does well because he really wants to go this direction.

Yesterday he had gone to work out and called from the store to find out if I needed him to bring home anything. He also wanted to know if my favorite snack was still peanut clusters. He ended up bringing a treat home for everyone in the family. So sweet! This was a side of him that we don't get to see often, if ever. If he keeps this up, I'm going to miss him more than I would have normally once he's gone to bootcamp.

No comments: