Saturday, January 31, 2009

I want to be just like her!

I just had to post this picture of my Mema. I haven't seen her in many years and I've been asking for a picture for a while now, but since my dad doesn't own a camera it has taken some time. He took this picture of her with his camera phone last weekend. She still drives her car and gets it washed each week. Her and her sister(good genes in that family) take trips together when they can and she reads so much that I'm sure the library is having a hard time keeping her in books. She is pictured here working on a crossword puzzle which she starts and completes daily. All of my childhood memories of her are special. When Tanya and I were little girls, we LOVED staying overnight with her and my Pepa on their farm. This special woman also turned 98 years young this past January. I think she's incredibly special.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

How awesome is that! She sounds like a wonderful lady and 98 wow! That is huge. Happy Birthday to Mema. My kids call my mom Mema! I hope she lives to be 98 like yours. :)

Melinda said...

What a great post! And 98 - holy cow!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

She is certainly a treasure.

Jill of All Trades said...

Wow that is wonderful. It's the reading and crosswords that keep her mind firing on all pistons. Happy Birthday to Mema.

Anonymous said...

God bless Mema.
Too bad you don't see her much any more. Does she live far away from you?
Grandparents enrich our lives so very much. My Grandmother died when I was 12 but I have a treasure trove of memories that still feel like they happened yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I'm always in awe when people's grandparents are going strong well into their 90's. Bless her heart. She sounds awesome.

Dawn said...

Awww... what a sweet post DeeBee!

It makes me really miss my grandmother.

My great grandmother on my mom's side lived to 98. And, the one on my dad's side lived to be 106!!

@nnie said...

I have a 97 year old granny who I absolutely adore. There's nothing like 'em. THanks for sharing with us aobut yours!

4 Lettre Words said...

Wow! She is a real inspiration. What a fantastic post! Thanks for sharing.

Petula said...

She sounds wonderful and spry. I want to be like her too AND my Mom Mom who turned 90 in January. I wonder if their birthday is on the same day.

Michelle said...

I have given you an award at my blog. Come check it out.

Angie said...

Wonderful!