Tuesday, December 09, 2008

We just went a little greener

After months of making a loud screeching noise, on and off for the past few months, my washer finally bit the dust. It happened while Ray was at home and I was only aware of it when I walked in and noticed he had it pulled away from the wall and was working on it. He said it was time to buy a new washer and who am I to argue.

So this is my new front loading washer that I've been yearning for ever since I used my sister's washer while visiting her one summer. It uses less water and spins the heck out of the clothes which makes drying time faster since there is less water left in your laundry. Only time will tell how much we like it but I have a good feeling about it.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll love it. I also like that there's no agitator, or whatever they call that center thing that moves the clothes around in the top loaders. Cool that you can see through the door!

Michelle said...

Oh you are going to love it! It's funny how things like that can make you so happy. I love getting new things to make my life easier.

Debz said...

I'm so frickin jealous. Do they make it in black? Cause I would have to have black. Let me know what you think of it after a few months. You know like does it really help with the drying cycle and what have you.

@nnie said...

You Go girl!!!

Dawn said...

That's awesome! I want one. Michelle (who just posted) has one and her laundry gets done so fast!

4 Lettre Words said...

I'm so happy for you...and a bit jealous! :o)

Enjoy!!!

The Hunter's Wife said...

Isn't it funny how some home appliances excite us?

I have yet to use one but would love to have one. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

ThatsBaloney said...

It was a happy day when I bought my new w/d set. Doc thought we didn't need it but every time I did a load of laundry the washing machine walked away. It didn't want to be here either - no matter how much attention it got!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want one too. It doesn't take much to excite some people...like me. But that's a really nice washer.

Petula said...

Oh I love it. Can I have it? :D I've been wanting one of those too.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

We got a similar washer last summer. The difference is night and day compared to the old school washers. The clothes get a lot cleaner.