Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Honestly, I'm honored.

I've been presented with this award from Dawn at Dawn's Diversions. We've been blog friends for a while but just recently met face to face at the blog night that I attended. She was the organizer of this event and invited many Oklahoma blogger friends. It was a fun evening and it was great of her to do it.

As the recipient of the award, I have to share 7 things about myself. Finding 7 things that you don't already know about me might be a challenge but I'm up for it. And then again, I may have mentioned these things already, because I'm pretty much an open book.

I also need to share this award with 7 others and those others are:
Desert Trivia
Chickens in the Road
The Hunter's Wife
Decisionally Challenged
4 Lettre Words
A Heart for Home
It's a woman's world

1. When I get one of my kids alone, I tell them they are my favorite. They've all heard this at one time or another and I think they are on to my secret.

2. I was a very wild (or stupid)teenager and did things that a typical teenager doesn't typically do. Things I will take with me to my grave. Needless to say, I watch my kids closely.

3. I've dressed up like Miss Piggy, a gorilla and a clown to deliver balloon bouquets for a place I worked many years ago.

4. I take notice of people's hands because you can tell if they have ugly toes by the way their fingers look. I don't want to look at ugly toes.

5. I'm pretty sure it doesn't show but I can be quite the bitch. If I don't like you, you probably already know it because I don't try to hide it.

6. I love to spend time with my closest friends because I've never laughed so much with anyone else as I do with them. I feel blessed everytime I'm with them.

7. My favorite thing to eat is not sweets. I would rather have regular food over any kind of sweets. I love casseroles, mexican food, italian food, food food. Yep, I love food, but sweets is not on the top of my list.

11 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congratulations on your award. I liked your seven items also.

The Hunter's Wife said...

Thanks for the award. I have to say I think my hands are nice but hate my feet/toes. And I'm not a sweet eater either. I'd rather have salty chips and dip.

maggie's mind said...

Congrats on the award! I was pretty wild growing up, and I *love* a big ol' plate of hearty Italian or Mexican food or any rib stickin' food over candy any day.

Annie H. said...

hello! I enjoyed meeting you on Friday and have to be honest... I wouldn't have guessed #5, but hey, I think every mom needs to have a little bit of "don't mess with me!" in her.... otherwise people may try to run over us. Have a great day. Stay warm!

Dawn said...

Oh, I'm with you on 2,5 & 7!

These were great DeeBee!!!

It was so nice to finally meet you. Thank you!

Looking forward to some lunches together until the next big get together!

♥georgie♥ said...

Congrats on your award and TY for thinking of me...
Loved your list!!!! I could have wrote these myself!

Soxy Deb said...

Loved your list. And your honesty.
I think we've all told our children they were our favorites at one time or another - only difference for me is if I say it now, it's because my youngest is my favorite right now. That first born is gettin on my nerves.

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Congrats on your award - I was a bit of a wild child too and would rather have savoury than sweet anyday. Stay warm!

Tanya said...

Aaawww...thanks. I feel pretty privileged that I knew almost all of those things about you...except for maybe not liking sweets the best. Anyway, sisters are privileged that way!

Mc Allen said...

Oh yes, # 1 & 2 are totallly me too!! Your list was very honest and interesting too! Great job and congrats!! ♥ Leah

Petula said...

Oh my goodness... you really crack me up! I love 1, 4 and 5. #1 is so cute. #4 is hilarious and very smart! And I think I have said the same thing about myself (#5) at one time.

Congratulations (you deserve the award!) and thanks for thinking of me and passing it on.